Friends.
How do you define the meaning of friends?
Do they tease you unnecessarily with crude words that hurt you?
Do they criticize you for being what you are?
Do spread rumors about you to other people making you feel so paranoid?
Guess my definition of friends was utterly despicable.
I had various types of friends from the age of 5 right up to 17.
&oh boy, it was indeed a roller-coaster ride.
Friends in my Pre-School years were awesome.
Nothing bitter nor bitchy happened.
Just minor disputes where we say things like,
'I don't friend you', 'he hit me'...
But at the end of the day, it's all resolved.
No tension.
As for Primary School, it was somewhat a bittersweet experience.
You start to learn the various meaning of friends.
There are the 'backstabbing', 'wannabe-thugs',
'I-wanna-be-your-friend-cause-I-think-you're-cool' & many more.
I had my first friendship broken
&boy it wasn't pleasant.
You've gotta move on, people change so will you.
When I got in Secondary School, the so-called 'best-years-of-your-life'.
It really wasn't the BEST YEARS at all.
More like taunting & traumatic years for me.
Racism & discrimination was the common topic in school.
Sadly for me, I was targeted at both.
I don't hate myself for being what I am today, honestly.
In fact, they only thing I would turn back the time is for better people.
I am unique, I was created this way.
But somehow or somewhat, they just couldn't stand the sight of me.
Heh, maybe because they didn't look at themselves at the mirror first.
Then they start to tease you with names as they know that you're weak.
5 years of that has passed on & I'm glad that's over.
Honestly speaking, girls (to me) are much better friends than guys.
Well apart from the massive bitchin' & backstabbing, they can really make good friends.
As for guys, their ego matters more to them then their friendship.
Making another guy feel smaller then him is a thrill.
Sometimes, they really just don't know when to function their brain at times too.
Which is why that there's an increasing growth in Lesbianism in Singapore, sad ain't it?
Think twice before you call someone your friend.
Don't just make him your friend because he helped you with a favor.
Don't befriend him cos you think he cool & loaded with money.
See it from the inside, not the outside.
Cos sometimes, the outside may look pleasing while the inside is much of a screwed-up case.
Friends can make uplift you,
Sometimes they just know how to ruin your life as well.