For the record, you oughtta know,
You wasn't thinking when you let me go
But whatever, that's how it goes.
You win some, you lose some,
&Others you hold in your heart.
Why it gets so hard, tears you all apart,
Even though you try to let go.
No no no, suddenly you're here,
&it's all surreal.
&I don't know what the deal is.
When I'm looking in your eyes,
Feels like the first time.
Give me one good reason why,
We can't just press rewind.
I don't wanna spend my life,
Thinkin' what it coulda been like,
If we had another try. (One time)
Like back in the day,
That look on your face,
Feels like the first time.
There's all the regularities,
They can't compete with MC.
The whole entire world can tell,
That you love yourself some me.
People see you now, asking all about me,
&How they always though we were so perfect together.
Lets rewrite the end, start over again,
&it's gonna go better now.
Cuz...
When I'm looking in your eyes,
Feels like the first time.
Give me one good reason why,
We can't just press rewind.
I don't wanna spend my life,
Thinkin' what it coulda been like,
If we had another try. (One time)
Like back in the day,
That look on your face,
Feels like the first time.
For the record,
you'll always be a part of me, no matter what you do.
&For the record,
Can't nobody say I didn't give my all to you.
&For the record,
I told you underneath the stars that you belong to me.
&For the record,
It's obvious that we just can't let go of us.
Honey
Cos when I'm looking in your eyes,
Feels like the first time.
Give me one good reason why,
(Give me one good reason)
We can't just press rewind.
(Why can't we just press rewind)
I don't wanna spend my life,
(Wanna spend my life)
Thinkin' what it coulda been like,
If we had another try. (One time)
(We just need another try, one time)
Like back in the day,
(Like back in the day)
That look on your face,
(That look on your face)
Feels like the first time.
(Still love you boy!)
Oh.
When I'm looking in your eyes,
Feels like the first time.
Give me one good reason why,
We can't just press rewind.
I don't wanna spend my life,
Thinkin' what it coulda been like,
If we had another try. (One time)
Like back in the day,
That look on your face,
Feels like the first time.
Just for the record,
Baby.
You wasn't thinking when you let me go
But whatever, that's how it goes.
You win some, you lose some,
&Others you hold in your heart.
Why it gets so hard, tears you all apart,
Even though you try to let go.
No no no, suddenly you're here,
&it's all surreal.
&I don't know what the deal is.
When I'm looking in your eyes,
Feels like the first time.
Give me one good reason why,
We can't just press rewind.
I don't wanna spend my life,
Thinkin' what it coulda been like,
If we had another try. (One time)
Like back in the day,
That look on your face,
Feels like the first time.
There's all the regularities,
They can't compete with MC.
The whole entire world can tell,
That you love yourself some me.
People see you now, asking all about me,
&How they always though we were so perfect together.
Lets rewrite the end, start over again,
&it's gonna go better now.
Cuz...
When I'm looking in your eyes,
Feels like the first time.
Give me one good reason why,
We can't just press rewind.
I don't wanna spend my life,
Thinkin' what it coulda been like,
If we had another try. (One time)
Like back in the day,
That look on your face,
Feels like the first time.
For the record,
you'll always be a part of me, no matter what you do.
&For the record,
Can't nobody say I didn't give my all to you.
&For the record,
I told you underneath the stars that you belong to me.
&For the record,
It's obvious that we just can't let go of us.
Honey
Cos when I'm looking in your eyes,
Feels like the first time.
Give me one good reason why,
(Give me one good reason)
We can't just press rewind.
(Why can't we just press rewind)
I don't wanna spend my life,
(Wanna spend my life)
Thinkin' what it coulda been like,
If we had another try. (One time)
(We just need another try, one time)
Like back in the day,
(Like back in the day)
That look on your face,
(That look on your face)
Feels like the first time.
(Still love you boy!)
Oh.
When I'm looking in your eyes,
Feels like the first time.
Give me one good reason why,
We can't just press rewind.
I don't wanna spend my life,
Thinkin' what it coulda been like,
If we had another try. (One time)
Like back in the day,
That look on your face,
Feels like the first time.
Just for the record,
Baby.
if you only knew.