I'm not the easiest person to love.
I'm often the one who let things go unresolved.
Yet you choose to be,
on the side of me.
on the side of me.
yeah, you choose to be,
on the side of me.
on the side of me.
I'm not too proud of something,
I've done in my life.
The skeletons in my closet,
are too big for me to hide.
Yet you choose to be,
on the side of me.
on the side of me.
Blessed charity.
you're on the side of me.
on the side of me.
Everyone need a friend to hold.
When it's cold outside,
&there's no place to go.
Everyone need a friend to hold.
All alone I cried,
There was no place to go.
I remember when nobody cared,
But you.
I'm not the easiest person to love.
But you, opened your heart to show me,
What I'm worth.
Cause you choose to be,
On the side of me.
On the side of me.
What a mystery.
You're on the side of me,
On the side of me.
Everyone need a friend to hold.
When it's cold outside,
&there's no place to go.
Everyone need a friend to hold.
All alone I cried,
There was no place to go.
I remember when nobody cared,
I remember when nobody cared,
Nobody cared,
But you.
Yeah, you choose to be,
On the side of me.
On the side of me.
-On the side of me, Corrinne May.